The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) requires our data controller Mr Simon Booth c/o Simon James Cars Limited to have suitable processes defined and in place in case of a data breach. Depending on the severity of the breach, the data controller has a legal obligation to report a data breach within 72 hours. Further information on the reporting of a data breach can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website ico.org.uk We are regulated by the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) our ICO registration number is Z3599238.
As an individual ‘you’ or ‘your’ have 9 rights about what can and can’t be done with your data:
- The right to be informed – this means we must provide, at the point of collecting the data, a privacy or verbal notice informing the you of how your personal information will be used.
- The right to access your personal information – this means that you have the right to know what information we hold on you, and can request a copy of it. This information will be provided free of charge.
- The right to get inaccurately recorded information corrected.
- The right to erasure – this means that you can request that the personal data is deleted from our records, also referred to as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- The right to restrict how your personal information is used – this means that you have the right to object to how you use your personal information, including for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive your personal information in a legible and transferable format.
- The right to object to the use of your personal information.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling – this means that you can refuse your personal information being used to make a decision based on an automatic process without human intervention.
- The right to compensation – this means you have the right to compensation if we breach GDPR requirements and results in harm.
Our Six Principles when collecting and personal data:
- To collect and use personal information lawfully and fairly.
- Personal information collected and used for clear, legitimate purposes.
- The only personal information will be collected and used is that which is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Personal information will be accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Personal information will not be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected.
- Personal information will be protected from unauthorised use and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
For further details on the data we hold or to request any information on the above please email our Data Controller Mr Simon Booth - [email protected]
Company Details and Registered Office:
Simon James Cars Limited
Broom Business Park
Company Registration Number:
V.A.T Registration Number:
975 2729 78
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site. For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How to control and delete cookies
List of the main cookies
Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by us while using our web site ASPSESSIONID and ASP.NET_SessionID allow us to recognise your requests from page to page. This allows us to remember your previous selections and choices, navigate back to previous pages etc. These cookies are removed when you close your browser.
AutoChat may be set if we use live chat on our web site. This is a web site analytic cookie.
Google.com provides web site analytics and may set the following cookies __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
Third Party Cookies
We use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our website on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. We sometimes embed photos, video, social sharing icons and other content from external websites such as YouTube, Flickr and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from one of these sites you may be presented with cookies from their website. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these. Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by our third parties while using our web site:
Flash Cookies (local shared objects)
From time to time, we may use Adobe's Flash Player to deliver content. To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects - or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known - are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user's terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way. The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain or for all websites - see Here for details. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications.
Information that is gathered from visitors
Almost all Web servers record users requests made upon them (such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit) in log files.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the vistor's experience when using the website to display personalised content.
Personal data, such as names and email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased, and not kept longer than required to provide the service it was supplied for.
E-mail may be sent to you for the purpose you registered but will not be used for unrelated marketing.
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you may unsubscribe by replying to any of the email correspondants and simply state you wish to unsubscribe to the service.
This website uses Visitor Chat to provide you with immediate communications with our dealership, in order to facilitate this Visitor Chat act as a Data Processor and the following cookies are set on your machine.
|io||cs1.visitor.chat||Preserves user session state across page requests.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|vcd||visitor.chat||Sends active sub-account data when the visitor is in multiple conversations.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|vci||visitor.chat||Used to identify a unique visitor. Used to generate anonymous statistical data on how visitors use the website.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|vcmb||visitor.chat||Shows a message notification if the chat box is closed.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
|vcst||visitor.chat||Sends a chat box state (open/close) to Visitor Chat.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
Further information on Visitor Chat’s data protection policy can be found on the Visitor Chat website